Friday, October 23, 2009

Here I am, still sick

My undiagnosed H1N1 has progressed.

I had a Chest X-ray on Monday which showed I now have the ironically named "subtle" pneumonia. It's in my left lung, and has caused some swelling of various tissues around my heart.

When I was at the Doctor's today and he's put me on another round of meds, and doesn't think I'm any better, pneumonia wise, than I was on Monday when he last listened to my lungs. If it gets worse, I will have to be hospitalized.

My doctor is frustrated because all he can treat are my complications (as it wold be too late for anti-virals) and I'm frustrated because I can't be signed off on going back to work. Strangely enough, this whole thing today made me so mad, that I've had more energy today than the last week, despite the pneumonia.

As for the news tonight, what is is telling me? It's all about the second wave of H1N1. Yeah, whatever. Like I need to hear all about what I'm going through. I have first-hand experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment