Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A new, not entirely healthy, update

Having had yet another x-ray, doctor's appointment and blood test, there is finally something to update.

Monday, I went to my doctor's, expecting to be told I was somewhat better, but not well. Unfortunately, the x-ray tech from Friday hadn't sent him the report, but from the sound of my lungs, he figured the pneumonia was clearing up. Despite that, my energy has still been at a super low level (I'm at about 40% of my usual energy) energy-wise, but it's better than my estimate last week (25%).

So, all he could do is listen to my lungs, and order up one more blood test, as we're afraid that this may have triggered a virus that's dormant in my system, Mono. (I've had it three times.) Also, there's a concern because of a symptom I've not mentioned here before -- hives and / or rashes on my extremities (particularly forearms and feet) on and off throughout this. Seriously, the itching has been really bad at times. The reason: I'm probably allergic to the H1N1. Seriously, I'm probably allergic to the virus. It's one of the reasons the doctor think I've had such difficulty. This makes the number of things I'm allergic to, to 4: cats (only with constant exposure), perfume, mold, and the H1N1 virus.

Oh, Murphy must've been having a really, really, evil day when he decided to play with me.

He's signed me out of work until Monday, hoping the test and x-ray will be normal, or close to normal.

So, my doctor called me with the report. While there is some evidence of stuff (my term, not his) still in my lungs, it's dramatically decreased. Also, the swelling around my heart is 90% gone. This totally fits in with my return to work plan next Monday. Now we just have to wait on both the specialized blood test, and plain old hey is anything up, blood test.

This week, I'm on Doctor's orders to recuperate and get my stamina back. The supply that's in for me will have to do the report cards, and any interviews still outstanding. Also, the supply will be there Monday, to help transition everything back to me. I haven't talked to Health and Wellness yet, but I'd like him to be there Tuesday too, in case my voice can't handle it. It's the one thing that really isn't getting any better. Some days, I sound like a bad cell phone advert -- one where the caller is constantly breaking up. Others, I just sound like I've aged 50 years, but I guess a month of coughing can do that.

For some stats:

Days off work: 23 (work days, if I make it back on Monday)
Vials of blood taken: 8
X-rays: 2
Days with a fever over 102: 9
Days with a fever: 13
Days with serious aches and pains: 18
Days with a seriously diminished (or no) voice: 20
Days with pneumonia: 14
Days with a cough: 22
Different medications: 6
Days I've been medicated: 23

No comments:

Post a Comment